The Code Reading module inspects ink-jet, laser, thermotransfer and pre-printed ID codes on various packaging types, including (infant formula) cans, beverage cans, labels, cartons and PET bottles.
The Code Reading module inspects ink-jet, laser and thermotransfer codes on various packaging types, including (infant formula) cans, beverage cans, labels, cartons, film, foil and PET bottles. The Code Reading module checks if codes are present, complete, readable or correct. The Code Reading module checks if codes are present, complete, readable or correct.
The module is typically used for packaging identification to detect a mix-up, for Best Before Dates, and for registration of unique track & trace codes. We have special optical units for reflective or round surfaces. High Speed inspection is possible.
The inspected codes can include:
Best Before dates
Shelf life codes
Track & trace codes
Packaging identification codes
2D Data Matrix codes
OCR, OCV and Code presence detection
Inspection of special font types, including Asian and Arabic fonts
Verification of code position
Misprints and ink drops
• Ink-jet, laser, thermotransfer, pre-printed codes
• Production code, Best Before date, 2D Data Matrix code, QR Code
• Barcode Reading (ladder + picket fence orientation)
• Reading multiple codes and code types at the same time.
• Label codes (MRDR code / OCR code)
• Packaging identification codes
• Serialization codes (unique code per product)
• Decoration, Color Art-work, or Label Inspection
• Cap Inspection (mix-up / positioning)
• Fill-level Inspection
• High resolution and multi-camera configuration for small code types, bigger inspection surfaces, multiple viewing points and 360° view on round products.
High speed inspection possible
Reflective surface code reading possible
Marking of frequently changing characters (for time / sequence numbers)
Color dot filter
Modular expandable with other inspection modules, such as label inspection
Random orientation on round products possible
Storage of statistics and pictures
Short changeover time
Simple installation to the line
Stainless steel hygienic frames available
Inspection by top view, up view, side view, multi view possible
Very operator friendly user interface
Easy maintenance due to absence of moving parts